Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last year on this very day...


We seriously killed the crappie population right from the dock. It was so much fun - what I like to call "lazy fishing" due to the lack of effort it takes to slay the buggers. Fish were biting at almost every cast, not much wind, gorgeous sunset, sunflower seeds (always), and a rod. I think the only work it took was baiting the hook and getting the fish on the stringer (and then lifting the stringer for the photo-op).

I'm sure mom is out there now trying for the same crappies or at least wishing she was, just like me :) If only the WAM tourney went through sunset!

2 comments:

Mary Ann'gler said...

If you only were here...I've fileted over 120 crappies and gigantic sunfish since Thursday night. I did get out today with Cory and Mikey and caught the largest sunfish I've ever caught and Mikey of course caught one even larger. We all have nasty sunburns. Those crappies are...BACK!!!

Mike said...

She is a little off on the numbers cleaned.. but we caught hundreds of fish, but the size of the fish was so nice, that it seemed that there were alot more fish. You missed out!