Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Sisters in Bedrest"

That was how someone I have never met signed her note to me, enclosed in a care package made especially for women on bedrest. Incredibly humbling, to say the least (she sends these to all of the antepartum women at NMMC, even 11 years since she was here). Each item was labeled with a cute note on how that item helped her in her stay and well wishes throughout.
Here's a quote from the main note that brought tears:
"I hope for at least a minute or two as you open it up, you'll feel better. I hope, too, that you'll feel less alone. You are not alone! There are people pulling for you and praying for you. I am one of them."

I won't list all of the little inspiring notes, but I will share this pic:


It's amazing how something like this can really brighten a day :) I've experienced small acts like this daily - from the nurses here just to give you a hug, to the sweetest faraway friends who get you a gift card and make sure you use it on YOURSELF, and family/friends who stop in to make sure I am not alone and get some good food. And again, I see how many good people there are in this world, always there to lend a hand or an ear. Simply amazing.

(p.s. Sorry for all the mush, I'm a bottle of it nowadays :))

1 comment:

SweetPea said...

That is so very sweet! I plan on bringing you some goodies tomorrow when I visit! And lots of huge and baby snuggles!!